Drawing Vancouver Together is a casual, fun and free community event. It aims to "draw" together individuals within our community.
How it works:
1. Select your canvas and pick up your art supplies from our supplies station.
2. Head to a vacant easel opposite someone new (or a friend if you prefer).
3. Get to know your partner by asking creative and outside-the-box questions.
4. Be creative and begin drawing! You're essentially putting on canvas your creative first impression of your partner. Your drawing can incorporate things you learn about your partner or it can be completely abstract. There is no right or wrong--just be creative!
5. When you're both finished, reveal and trade your masterpieces.
In the end, you'll have beefed up that right side of your brain as well as met someone new or learned more about your friend! You'll also go home with some cool art.
You may also decide to express your inner artist solo which is totally fine as well. Head to an easel and begin drawing to your heart's content!
Come be a part of "Drawing" Vancouver Together!
In the past, residents of Vancouver and visitors from all over the world participated in our events. We had so many participants come by and state right off the bat "Oh I can't draw" but then end up with an amazing artwork they are very proud of! In a social and stress-free environment, we encourage everyone to stop by, soak in some sunshine and get creative with us.
To learn more or to see some photos of past events, our social media accounts are https://www.facebook.com/drawingvancouvertogether/ and @drawvantogether on Instagram.
The next event will be held on August 19!