A Midsummer Night's Dance (#MSND) is a 3-hour outdoor dance being held in Tipperary Park on Thursday evening, July 24, immediately following the Royal City Farmers' Market.
MSND is the brainchild of local author and arts entrepreneur Diane Haynes; graphic artist Johanna Bartels; and Royal City Farmers' Market board member Melissa Maltais, and will feature music by DJ Gabsung. Thanks to a Neighbourhood Small Grant provided by the Vancouver Foundation, the event will be ...
FREE ... and open to all ages, families / kids / seniors welcome, with a music selection catering to the full age spectrum from young to young at heart!
You're invited ... and the first 100 registrants on EventBrite will receive a special Swag Bag filled with goodies from local businesses and vendors. (Registration opens July 7 at 9 am.)
A few Guidelines to keep in mind:
What to bring:
- Come in costume! The theme of the evening is Shakespeare's A Midsummer Night's Dream but really, anything goes! There will be a costume parade for kids early in the evening.
- Lawn chairs. Park seating is limited so please bring your own.
- Blankets and extra clothes. It may get chilly once the sun goes down, and the area is shaded by trees.
- A flashlight. There will be lights at the event but extra light will help you navigate your exit over the park's uneven ground.
What’s available in Tipperary Park:
- Food and drink. Some of the Farmers' Market vendors will stay open past 7 pm.
- Water. Event organizers will have water and cups on hand for dancers.
- Toilet. There is a public portable toilet in Tipperary Park (the same one used by the Farmers' Market). Hand sanitizer will be available nearby.
What to be aware of:
- All children under 13 yrs must be accompanied by an adult at all times. No drop-offs, please.
- The ground is uneven and on a slight slope so children, seniors and anyone with mobility or balance issues should take care when moving through the park.
- The park is located near a residential area. Please be mindful of conversation volume when leaving the dance.
- New West City Police are aware of the event and will be patrolling the park and the neighbourhood during the dance.
- Please use the garbage/recycling bins in the park and the garbage bags provided by event organizers for all disposables.
Special Note: Let joy be your only intoxicant this night! Thank you. :)
Join the Facebook page for regular event updates: